Echomaster Marine Ltd may be both a data controller and data processor for your personal data under certain circumstances.
We are company incorporated under the Companies Acts and our registered office is at 39 South Street, Elgin, IV30 1JZ (Company Number SC286015) Our trading address is 25 Shore Street, Macduff, AB44 1TX.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our sites [www.echomastermarine.co.uk](www.echomastermarine.co.uk, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
On each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect data including but not limited to your IP address, device specific information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug in types, operating systems, location information, products you viewed, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
We will use this information:
- To process orders that you have submitted to us
- To provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To comply with contractual obligations, we have with you.
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To notify you about changes to our service
We will use this information
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- To detect fraud and to make sure what you have told us is correct
We will keep your personal data for the period you are a customer of Echomaster Marine Ltd and its associated companies. We shall retain your data only for as necessary in accordance with applicable laws.
On closure of your account, we may keep your data for up to 7 years after you have closed your account. We may not be able to delete your data before this time due to legal and or financial obligations. We can confirm that your personal data will only be used for the purposes as stated.
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We do not and will never sell your personal data to third parties for marketing or advertising purposes.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Echomaster Marine Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply, and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Echomaster Marine Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal data, or ask us to delete, remove or stop using it if there is no need for us to keep it. This is known as your right to be forgotten. There are legal and financial reasons why we may need to keep your data, but please let us know if you think we are retaining or using your personal data incorrectly.
We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes. You can agree by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can change your preference at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or using the contact form
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You can update your details at any time by by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or using the contact form
You have the right to access the information we hold about you. Please email your requests to email@example.com so we can obtain this information for you.
Our cookies help us:
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
Our own cookies
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
So you can easily 'Like' or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of ours and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called "spyware". Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with anti-spyware software.